Friday, April 24, 2009

Leviticus 9

Read Leviticus 9 (click here), it's about Moses and Aaron making atonement for sin. What caught my attention is verse 1.
1ON THE eighth day Moses called Aaron and his sons and the elders of
Israel;

When the Bible mentios a specific date, I take notice of it. Did you know that the number eight represents something? It represents putting off of something, as in sanctifying yourself.
1: to set apart to a sacred purpose or to religious use : consecrate2: to
free from sin : purify3 a: to impart
or impute sacredness, inviolability, or respect to b: to give moral or
social sanction to4: to
make productive of holiness or piety

So when God lead me to this passage, it was about sanctification and how I need to put off the old me and become who God meant me to be. I need to make a concious effort to stop myself from thinking about harming myself. I need to recognize that is a way I am trying to control myself and not let God have it. So now I am dealing with control and selfishness. Perhaps those ar ethe sins your wanting me to put off Lord?

Ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment