Monday, September 14, 2009

God Versus god

One day in church, I asked the Lord why He always felt the need to prove himself to me, because I felt guilty. The reason I felt guilty is because I convinced myself that God's many demonstrations of His love, was a direct result of my lack of trust in Him.

The Lord then asked me this question? "What makes me different then the gods of the earth?" I didn't answer because I was deep in thought, but God replied, "My ability to demonstrate my Godship. When do you ever see Thor, Isis, Zues, Hera, Demeter, Baal, or Dionysus demonstrate their godship?"

Then He continued, "That is why it is so wrong when churches believe that miracles, signs, and wonders passed away with the apostles. In essence, what they are doing is telling me that I am no better then the god's of the earth. And without them letting me demonstrate my Godship, the church is nothing more then a building filled with people doing outreaches and ministry that is not bad, but does not make an eternal difference. They are building a construct image of me, making it whatever they want, and manipulating to their convenience."

So, when we aren't allowing God to demonstrate His Godship with miracles, signs, and wonders then we are making God out to be the same as the god's of the earth. The same gods that require human sacrifice, even innocent babies. Zeus committed adultery on many ocassions and the Egyptian gods were prone to incest. In fact most of the Greek gods were the same. Aphrodite was born out of the male parts of a castrated Titan. She uses sex to manipulate people into getting what she wants. That is just the tip of the iceburg.

Let God demonstrate who He is because He is the only one who can!

No comments:

Post a Comment