Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hosea 2 - From Master to Husband

Hosea 2:14 - 17

"14 'Therefore I am now going to allure her;
I will lead her into the desert
and speak tenderly to her.
15 There I will give her back her vineyards,
and will make the Valley of Achor [a] a door of hope.
There she will sing [b] as in the days of her youth,
as in the day she came up out of Egypt.
16 'In that day,' declares the LORD,
'you will call me 'my husband';
you will no longer call me 'my master. [c] '
17 I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips;
no longer will their names be invoked."

  • The Lord puts us in the desert to make us focus on him and not our worldy things.
  • He'll make the desert become a place of hope.
  • She'll have joy.
  • She stops refering to God as "master" and calls him "husband".
  • Removing the names of Baal is talking about changing from the world's economy to the king's economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment