Friday, September 10, 2010

God's Absence Philipians 2:12

Philipians 2:12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

My pastor mentioned this to me last night after I told her that I was a bit aggrivated with some people, but decided to let go of it and not react like I always have been. Sometimes I feel as if God is a bit withdrawn from my life; however, I don't abandon Him at the first sign of trouble. It's like the song says, "I will praise you through the storm." (By Casting Crowns). Do you know that in a storm you can't see the sun in the sky? Does that mean you go and curse God because He isn't seeable? No!

We need to be able to stand on our own, in the middle of a storm in life and not be waivered in our faith. Even if we can't hear from God because of what is going on, we do not abandon Him! How insulting to the God who gave His son to die the most horrible death there is. Just so we could be free.

I keep thinking about a bible study class I just attended that was on "The Seven Places Jesus Bled From" -Janice Clark. One of the things that got me is how Jesus wept so hard that His heart was displaced, do you know why He was weeping so hard? Besides the pain, there were people at His crucifiction that He had helped heal!

At the first sign of trouble they abandon Jesus! I don't want to be that kind of person, it's just utterly wrong. Instead of putting your focus on yourself and what your going through, put it on God, and let Him work everything else out.

And I leave you with this.

I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.


Praise You in This Storm
words by Mark Hall/music by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms

No comments:

Post a Comment