Friday, September 17, 2010

Joy in Your Presence - Acts, Nehemiah

Matthew 2:28 You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.

This is what the Lord told me to read today. It's not only an encouraging word for me, but for those of you who read this blog. The Lord will lead you through life and show you it's paths, and there are many, but as long as you walk His path, then you shall not get lost. Everyone has the same destination (weither they know or not), which is to be with God one day, some get lost, and some never make it.

Your life will be happy when you have the Lord in it. "you will fill me with joy in your presence."
And when you walk the path that the Lord has shown you, then your life will be full of joy and you will be a stong person.

Nehemiah 8:10 Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

I read this verse and began to think about how many people in my life have passed away and how much grief I have had to deal with and sometimes still do. Nehemiah says not to grieve, because the joy of the Lord is what will make me (and you) strong.

Guess I have to stop putting so much value in people and realize that they are going to leave me eventually (to death or whatever circumstance), stop setting myself up for disappointment, and just let the Lord be the strength that I need. And you can do the same as well.

Amen. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment