Friday, October 22, 2010

The Depressed Ones - Pillar One

The Pillars of Depression:
Pillar One: To make you obsolete and subjugate.
Genesis 1: 26- 28 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
If God created man in His image and then gave him dominion over the Earth, then don’t you think you are of some importance to Him? This is one thing that the enemy of God would love you to forget, that you ARE important to God. If the devil can convince you that you’re of no value, then he can bring you under his control (which is to “subjugate”) and destroy you.

The enemy of God seeks to get you, the one made in the likeness of God Himself, to surrender the dominion that God bestowed upon you. Dominion, in other words is supreme authority, ownership, a state of being. If you are not a ruler, you are a subject and this is not what God has designed us to be!

For example, in my life, I was told on several occasions, by people who are significant in my life that my opinion is of no value. They told me to “shut up”, “be quiet”, “we don’t care what you think because you are too young.” It seems as if that spirit of depression attracts the attention of other spirits in other people. Pretty soon children at school would call me names, like “stupid” and other things that are derogatory. Children are cruel and in my case there were many people in my life who enforced the belief I held, that I was insignificant. When you feel this way, it’s really easy to allow yourself to become controlled by others. All through grade school and into high school I was taken advantage of by people. Some schoolmates would walk up and take my homework, copy it, and then hand it back to me.

I even earned the unwanted attention of a boy who was very perverted towards me. He would always hold conversations about intimate things (only married people should be doing) around me. He thought it was funny to offer to walk me down the hall way or help me to the nurses office when I got sick. Sometimes he would even make strange noises whenever near me.

Sadly, this is what happens when you take on the mentality of a subject, and not a King like God created us to be.

Assignment: Get a journal (can be a digital journal, but paper is preferred), put a date on every entry from here on out. Your first task is to make a list of things that you believe have caused you to surrender your dominion. Please don’t hesitate to number in order of importance and come back and add any items that you remember later on. We will return to this list later on.

For example: 1. Believing that your opinion is of no importance. 2. Believing that you are ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment