Monday, November 29, 2010

The Promises of John 14 - Day One

John 14
Jesus Comforts His Disciples
1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

In John 14 we see many promises made by Jesus. The first one I want to point out is that He promised He would go and come back. Jesus also stated what He would be doing while away. That place He is preparing for us, is an expansion to His house. He is making a place for us to live together with Him, so we will never be alone again.

I was thinking about this, and how we need to have relationship with the Lord. The thought crossed my mind, "Do you think Jesus would let strangers in His house?" No, because if you don't know Him, He will tell you those heartbreaking words.

Matthew 7:23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Iniquity is sin or injustice, in other words being wicked. God said "ye that work iniquity." Those who involve themselves in wicked things, will not be allowed into the house of the Lord.

But you know what? It is your choice to do evil or do good. It is your choice to serve the Lord and be loved by God. Oh and don't think for a second that you are not worthy of God.

He died for your sins. He gave His life so that you might live yours and live it with a choice.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment