Monday, December 20, 2010

Being a Disciple - Luke 9

Luke 9
 57 As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.”
 58 Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”
 59 He said to another man, “Follow me.”
   But he replied, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.”
 60 Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”
 61 Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.”
 62 Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”
God asked me "Do you know the difference between being a disciple and a believer?"  And then He answered, "The sacrifice that you make in order to follow me."  Some will be required to give up their comfort, some their family ties, some will have to sacrifice their worldly relationships. 

Those who make the sacrifice to follow the Lord, do it 100% and don't ever look back.  Looking back is going back to what you let go of in the beginning.  It shows that you were not commited in the first place.  Perhaps it is time for me to stop morning the loss of things in my life. 

As long as I have God, I have comfort.  As long as I have God, I have family, and I have relationship.  You see, when you come and follow Jesus, you are given everything you left behind, but what you gain from God is much greater than anything you could have left behind.

He can give you a relationship in which your fulfilled.  He can give you a family that dosn't abuse you.  He can comfort you in any situation life brings. 

Wow, sounds like a wonderful life, not an easy one, but a life worth living!

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment