Wednesday, February 23, 2011

God Is Worthy of My Confidence - Hebrews 11

Hebrews 11
1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.
3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
Everyone says faith is basically trust in God, but Hebrews 11:1 states that "faith is confidence..."  Having faith in God is believing in His integrity!  God does what He says He is going to do, and NOT once has He flaked on His promises.  He fulfilled His greatest promise of all, and that was giving His son to die on the cross.

In reality, having confidence in God is having intimacy with Him.  You trust Him more than any other person or system!  He has proven that He is worthy of our confidence.

CONFIDENCE: a : a feeling or consciousness of one's powers or of reliance on one's circumstances b : faith or belief that one will act in a right, proper, or effective way 2: the quality or state of being certain : certitude 3a : a relation of trust or intimacy b : reliance on another's discretion c : support especially in a legislative body 4: a communication made in confidence : secret
He proved to me that I would make it through college.  He proved to me that He would provide for me a companion that is a man of integrity.  He proved to me that we would be provided for and happy!  He provided closure for situations that weren't so pleasant.  He proved to me that I could overcome depression and suicide!  He proves to me on a daily basis that I am a capable woman. Especially when I've been made to feel ignorant. He believes in me!

What's that old song?  "Count your blessings, name them one by one."  It's a good thing to remember what God has done. 

God said to me this morning, "Let me show you how to not worry."  And I can stop worrying, because God is worthy of my confidence and belief in His integrity.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment