Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Season of Singing (A Picture of Romance) - Song of Solomon 2

Song of Solomon 2
10 My beloved spoke and said to me,
“Arise, my darling,
my beautiful one, come with me.
11 See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
12 Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.
13 The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me.”

God said this to me today, "Let me teach you about romance." Ok. That was a bit strange, but it's worth learning about. After He told me to read this chapter of Song of Solomon, I heard God say, "Love comes in seasons." Wow! I never thought of love in that way.

They'll be seasons of rain, seasons of snow, seasons of sun.

"All though it may seem as if things are boring, but they are not, there comes a time when seeds are planted, that need to break ground and reach light. This is love, it's not grown over night, it's nurtured, fertilized, covered in the frost, but it grows!"

So romance is not just going out on a date once a week, romance is the art of loving someone, not just being suave a few times a month.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment