Friday, April 8, 2011

As man gods as there are cities. - Jeremiah 2:28

Jeremiah 2:28
28 Where then are the gods you made for yourselves?
Let them come if they can save you
when you are in trouble!
For you, Judah, have as many gods
as you have towns.
I was thinking about addiction after I read this in the Bible and how some people turn to those instead of turning to God for comfort. This is something I struggle with on a daily basis. I play games or listen to music and then forget about God.

God is the only one whom has ever given me any source of real comfort. Yet I choose what is familiar to me! When I am really in trouble, are these silly things able to come and save me? No.

So, I guess I need to battle the real enemy, addiction which brings in withdrawl.
Addiction: compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal; broadly: persistent compulsive use of a substance known by the user to be harmful
We tolerate our addictions and allow them to make us submitted to them instead of God.

What is your addiction, what has become a god in your life? It's time to let go of that and hold onto God. Boy am I preaching to myself here!

AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment