Thursday, June 9, 2011

You Are A People Pleaser - Ezekiel 2

Ezekiel 2
4 The people to whom I am sending you are obstinate and stubborn. Say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says.’ 5 And whether they listen or fail to listen—for they are a rebellious people—they will know that a prophet has been among them. 6 And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them or their words. Do not be afraid, though briers and thorns are all around you and you live among scorpions. Do not be afraid of what they say or be terrified by them, though they are a rebellious people. 7 You must speak my words to them, whether they listen or fail to listen, for they are rebellious. 8 But you, son of man, listen to what I say to you. Do not rebel like that rebellious people; open your mouth and eat what I give you.”

You may fear for your life or your reputation when speaking to others about God; however, as God told Ezekiel, "Do not be afraid..." we must set ourselves to conqour that fear.

God told me, "Why are you a people pleaser?" Honestly, it took me back a bit, but then I realized that the one person I please the most is myself. Simply because I am afraid to say ANYTHING to certain people in my life. Oh and when you do step out and say something, you aren't going to feel that great, and it will suck when retaliation occurs, but to God, your not a coward and people pleaser.

Honestly, I would have never thought that I was people pleasing to myself. People pleasing is the one tactic of the devil that keeps you from opening your mouth and telling people the truth about whatever.

If you knew that your best friend was about to drive off a cliff would you scream at them? Yes. You wouldn't let them die!

So why are you letting yourself die? Why are you driving your little car off the side of a cliff, just so you don't have to feel uncomfortable?

You don't love God 100% if you can't have enough guts to tell yourself or someone else that God loves you and your worth the effort.

Get over yourself and step out of that comfort zone and never look back.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment