Thursday, July 7, 2011

Being A Bad Child - Matthew 9, 1 Samuel 16

Matthew 9
Jesus Heals the Blind and the Mute
27 As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!”
28 When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?”
“Yes, Lord,” they replied.
29 Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith let it be done to you”; 30 and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly, “See that no one knows about this.” 31 But they went out and spread the news about him all over that region.

I love how Jesus addresses what the real issues are before he goes for the miracle. Faith is required before demonstrations of God's power.

For example. I tell God I want a new red car. In my heart I think, "This will tell me if God is real." (or something similar). Then I never receive the car that I asked for. Some people may justify themselves by saying "Well maybe I didn't need the car." Perhaps you didn't need the car, but that is not my point.

My point is, why would God bless someone who purposely asks Him for something and then doubts Him in their heart? So when your disappointed you can sit there and say "God hates me. God dosn't exist." Or some other balogny.

1 Samuel 16
7 But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”
Your level of faith produces what you get. You doubt God, you get nothing. You believe in God with all your heart and God gives you an abundance, pressed down, shaken together, and running over.

So in short. God is NOT going to bless someone who is operating in doubt or some other thing (like offense or hate). If He did, then He would look like an unjust God, when He is the definition of just.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment