Tuesday, July 12, 2011

We are all the same, regardless of Titles. - John 13, Galations 3

John 13
12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

According to the demonstration that Jesus did, we are all equals regardless of our titles and stations in life. Yes, there are positions in leadership and not everyone can fill them, but in the end we are all just people. Oh and we are to love each other regardless of that title and NOT worship that title either.

Suddenly the statement below takes on a whole new meaning to me and makes me even more excited about being a child of God. Do you realize that when you give your life to the Lord, you become the equal of Jesus? He is a joint heir, with equal rights and promises?

Galations 3
26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And how many of us just worship the title of Jesus, and never take our authority and claim what is ours? This is why Jesus made the statement in John 14 of "these things you will do and greater", simply because he was going back to heaven and wouldn't be on Earth to do more demonstrations. Since we are also children of God, we have every right to do the same miracles and even greater ones. So why are people not doing so?

Because religion teaches that not everyone is of the same important value and that is the real problem. Pride.

Well I don't know about you but I am excited and I want to do some things that Jesus did and greater.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment